Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jobs

OK, there are DEFINITELY more jobs out there for C# guys than VB.Net junkies. A few years ago, it was the other way around. Wow, I had no idea the landscape had changed that much in the last few years. I'm certainly going to start writing more C# code.

Every job listing I see now is for a C# position, but they will take VB folks and train them, I guess. Which is really just a cruel joke. There are so many people looking for work out there, if you have the choice to hire a VB developer and teach it C#, or just hire a C# developer, which one will you choose? Got to remarket myself as a C# guy.

2 comments:

  1. How different is C# from C? I never learned C#. (And I'm too lazy to look up how different it is).

    Go like me.. do a few lines in C#, do some reading about it, and throw it down on the resume.. (Of course, for me, it's C++.. I probably should do the same for C#)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lawd, I'm never coming back. You are a code monkey! ;) See ya on the tri side!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments!